Alternate substance for soap detail?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm planning some gingerbread men for embeds and I'd like to have the details in white. I'm only making 8 men so would only need about a Tbsp of white soap, even that would be over kill for these little guys.

Is there anything else I can use besides M&P? Would white cake frosting dry hard enough to survive having CP poured over it? Would it stay white or soak up the color from the CP?
The M&P I have is the junk from hobby lobby and its hard to work with.

I would think royal icing would work. Lots of bath bomb cupcakes seem to use a sugar frosting - so I would think a little would not hurt.

Obsidian, if you'd like I've got some white SFIC I could send you. If you're doing embeds down inside the soap, I don't know if royal icing would work well. If you're just using them on top, though, I think royal icing would be perfect.

Well I would not apply until after the soap has set up - like decorating a real cookie - you wait for it to be cool.

These will be on top of the soap but I can't decorate them after they come out of the mold, the white details need to be added to the bottom of the mold.

You might try mixing a little glycerin with the M&P to see if that makes it more workable. The only other alternative that I can think of is to shred some white cp soap that you have already made, melt it with a little water, and pipe onto the the little guys.

Latest posts

Back