Alternate Liquids

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
Is there and advantage to using beer and wine over non alcoholic wine or grape juice and malt beverage?

I find the trace alcohol left in the beer and wine after boiling very drying, so I was curious.

I know that people want to experiment, I just think most liquids do not survive lye. I make milk soaps too and they are nice . Many people use aloe vera, some use wine, I heard a lot about beer soap ;)

Beer soap makes a nice lather but I don't know if its just from the sugars or if there is more too it. I'm very tried non alcoholic beer but it would be interesting to do a side by side test with it and regular beer.

There shouldn't be any trace alcohol left after boiling and if there is, it would have completely evaporated by the time the soap is cured. If your soap is drying, I would seek a different reason as to why.

Yeah I'll have to look into that then. Its the same recipe I always use with the liquid swapped, but my tester noticed it, where I hadn't. I'd thought that would be the reason, having read warnings about it in other places.

I personally liked the bars but I often feel I'm not objective enough about them.

I do think I'll do the side by side test to see what the differences are between performance in the different liquids in fermented/unfermented forms, regardless, and report on my findings.

Latest posts

Back