Quantcast

Alright the Bug got me...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

stepibarra

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
houston
Poured my first batch and am already looking at making another before bed... Want to run it by you guys first and have only one question this time...LOL
19.2 oz. CO
9.6 oz Crisco
3.2 oz. OO
Okay here is the question.... Lye calculator tells me to do the lye/water mixture like this
12.16 oz water
5 oz lye
whenever the numbers are fractioned as above what do i do?
 
G

Guest

If you mean like the water 12.16 oz, round off. Numbers 5 and above you add one, numbers 4 and less just ignore. Since your scale reads to ounces and tenths, you need to round to the nearest tenth. That's point one six, the six is higher than five so you round up by incrementing the one to two. So your final answer is 12.2 oz.

In the case of water it hardly matters. The oils and lye are more critical because they have to balance.
 
G

Guest

stepibarra said:
Thanks Greg.....
Just to let you know, you now hold the world's record for one person making the most posts on SMF in a single day. :D :D :D

 
G

Guest

Yesssss Paul!!! [cheers!!!] :) :) :)

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man, Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time
Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh, I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico. I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let me go.) Will not let you go
(Let me go.) Will not let you go. (Let me go.) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
(Oh mama mia, mama mia.) Mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here

Nothing really matters, Anyone can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me

Any way the wind blows
 

Tabitha

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
142
Location
Texas
Where did you find the info about the poster w/ the most number of posts in a single day?

Here is a QUEEN tidbit for you:

One year when I went to summer camp, each cabin had to make up a fight song to sing when ever there was a race/contest/competition. It was 4th, 5th or 6th grade, not sure.

Here was our:

Boom boom chick
Boom boom chick

We are
We are
Cabin 9
Cabin 9

We are
we are
Cabin 9
Cabin 9

We will
We will
Beat you
Beat you

We are
We are
Cabin 9
Cabin 9

We will
We will
Rock you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: .
 
G

Guest

Tabitha said:
Where did you find the info about the poster w/ the most number of posts in a single day?
Making it up, playing fast and loose, and poking Stepibara in the ribs on her/his big day of losing soaper virginity? :D
 

stepibarra

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
houston
Alright guys

You got me good..... I just did my second batch..... the soap bug has me good....LOL

60% co
30%crisco
10% OO
lavender fo
oatmeal
 

chrisinflorida

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
I havn't been on the forum in a while and was just looking around tonight and found this.

D'OH....I too am guilty of being a big Queen fan. Guilty as charged. Freddie Mercury is probably my favorite male singer. I also love Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and Brian May from Queen. I have every 'regular' CD of theirs plus many other compilations, bootlegs, etc. I also have a lot of the original LPs plus some books and lots of videos.

What is everyone's favorite Queen song?

I have many like: 'One Vision,' 'Princes of the Universe,' 'I Want It All,' 'Don't Stop Me Now,' 'Hammer To Fall,' but if I could only pick one it would probably have to be 'OGRE BATTLE.' :D

Whenever I'm walking around my apartment complex and see a black crow I start singing this verse from the song: "When the black crows flies to find a new destination, that is the sign..."

Chris
 

Lane

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest, USA
How could anyone possibly NOT like Queen?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Make sure to take alot of soap batch pictures!
 
G

Guest

Re: Alright guys

stepibarra said:
You got me good..... I just did my second batch..... the soap bug has me good....LOL

60% co
30%crisco
10% OO
lavender fo
oatmeal
Look out, Stepi on a roll!!! 8)

chrisinflorida said:
What is everyone's favorite Queen song?
You could sorta tell from my post above: Bohemian Rhapsody! The song that first attracted me to Queen's music. :)

Lane said:
How could anyone possibly NOT like Queen?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Make sure to take alot of soap batch pictures!
It's so nice we are all in agreement. :) Let's make Queen the forum's official rock group. ;)

Yeah Stepi, post pics of both batches when you slice them. Just think of all the threads you can start! :D
 

fladais

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Lovehound said:
Yesssss Paul!!! [cheers!!!] :) :) :)

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man, Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time
Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh, I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico. I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let me go.) Will not let you go
(Let me go.) Will not let you go. (Let me go.) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
(Oh mama mia, mama mia.) Mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here

Nothing really matters, Anyone can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me

Any way the wind blows
dang, now i'm going to have to pull up rhapsody and play some queen whilst working from home. :lol:
 
G

Guest

I've been listening to BR in my head all morning. :D


Heck, you pushed me over the edge...

[warning: nerdy information follows]

I've got my whole music collection ripped and stored on a NAS drive (network attached storage, little box plugs into my router, has a hard drive inside). I can listen to my music on any of my 3 computers and play them off the same NAS drive. One of my computers is used for nothing but music and is connected to my stereo so I can play my tunes there too.

/nerdiness :D


Oh, I'm listening to Bohemian Rhapsody for real now. :D :D :D

"I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning me
(Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico. I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity..."

Sitting here planning my orders from SoapSupplies, WSP and ...
 

Latest posts

Top