Aloe vera liquid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuciePC

Reaction score
Hi!
In a few recipes I found on the net, it is asking, for ex., 3 Tbsp of liquid aloe vera. Is liquid aloe vera the same as aloe vera juice? I don’t make enough soaps to justify the purchase of liquid aloe vera. Can I substitute aloe vera gel instead maybe in a lesser quantity? thank you for your help!

you want to use liquid aloe vera/aloe vera juice. don't use gel as it has the juice plus a gelling agent. you can also use powder.

You might try 1/8 tsp of aloe vera extract PPO. Since goat's milk and other botanicals can be used in M&P soap, why not aloe extract.

I have never done melt and pour, but really do like the aloe vera 100x powder from Bulk Apothecary. one part powder to 99 part water reconstitutes juice so you can play with how much powder you want without really changing the melt and pour consistency.

I have never done melt and pour, but really do like the aloe vera 100x powder from Bulk Apothecary. one part powder to 99 part water reconstitutes juice so you can play with how much powder you want without really changing the melt and pour consistency.
The problem is that breathing changes M&P soap consistency.

I wouldn’t use it in M&P.

Back