Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cara87

Reaction score
Hi!
I’m wondering the difference between aloe liquid is and aloe juice?
I want to make sugar scrub cubes with Shea butter and aloe but Idk which product to purchase.
I’d like to try and make a dupe of the Harper + Ari because I love their consistency and texture. If anyone has any tips in that category I’d really appreciate as well.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi!
I want to make sugar scrub cubes with Shea butter and aloe but Idk which product to purchase.
I’d like to try and make a dupe of the Harper + Ari because I love their consistency and texture. If anyone has any tips in that category I’d really appreciate as well.
Thanks!
Hiya Cara 87!
It would be helpful to post a link to the Harper + Ari scrub cubes so we can see what the ingredients are. Also, Aloe juice is the same as Aloe liquid, isn't it? So do you mean Aloe Juice vs. Aloe Gel?

Sucrose, Glycerin, Water (Aqua/Eau), Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sorbitol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera Gel from Aruba), Fragrance (Parfum), Palm Acid, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium Citrate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

I was also looking at the soapqueen.com recipe Aloe Vera + Lavender Skin Soothing Cubes DIY - Soap Queen that had be questioning the difference between all three (liquid, juice and now gel)

OK, now I get it. Thanks. I thought the fresh stuff was called "flesh" of the aloe leaf, not liquid. Some people have easy access to that if the plant grows where they are. I keep a few aloe plants for healing burns and sunburn relief. I'm no expert on sugar scrubs. I suggest that you change the subject to sugar cubes and start another thread to get help with that. ;)

To the OP: I think aloe liquid and aloe juice are the same. They both have liquidy consistency, in contrast with aloe gel.

@atiz I thought so too until I checked the link to Soap Queen ;) that Cara provided.
Oh OK, I just checked it. Well, it seems to me that the aloe liquid she's using is basically aloe juice, no? Except she adds a little more "real juice" to it from the plant. At any rate, I got aloe juice from walmart, and it has a water-like consistency; the one I get from the plant is more gel-like.
I wouldn't think it really matters for this recipe though, as long as you can achieve the consistency you want.

Well, it seems to me that the aloe liquid she's using is basically aloe juice, no? Except she adds a little more "real juice" to it from the plant. At any rate, I got aloe juice from walmart, and it has a water-like consistency; the one I get from the plant is more gel-like. I wouldn't think it really matters for this recipe though, as long as you can achieve the consistency you want.
I agree. :thumbup:

Hi!
Thanks!
The Harper Ari sugar cubes are made from a melt and pour base. Soap Queen has a recipe for making the sugar cubes. You would use a base that is made with Shea and Aloe or at least Aloe and add in a little shea. you cannot add in Aloe to the m&p base since it is a water base/soluble product. The Soap Queen recipe is using Juice like you can buy in drug store such as CVS or at Walmart and squeezing a fresh leaf to get out some of the thick fresh gel. Aloe liquid and juice are the same.

thank you so much for your reply, this all makes sense and I appreciate your info on Harper Ari.

do I add shea butter to the melt and pour?

I'm also confused about the ingredients list because it says "aloe juice" and then in parentheses, it says "Aloe Vera Gel from Aruba", which type of aloe would I use? can I use aloe gel in place of juice?

Last edited:
Back