Aloe oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine025

Reaction score
I want to use some aloe oil in a recipe and I use soapcalc to formulate my recipes. Aloe oil isnt listed though, it has aloe butter. Do they have the same properties?

Aloe oil is aloe gel in a carrier oil. If I were going to soap with it, I would use the soapcalc data for the carrier oil. I'm not familiar with aloe butter.

If you call or email your supplier they should be able to provide you with an SAP value. Then you can use that specifically. I had to do that with the hemp butter I bought from NDA.

Ok because neither aloe oil or aloe juice or anything other than aloe butter is listed

What if you can't do the math? Is there something else you can plug into soap calc that has the same sap value so we can cheat? Lol. I just got some aloe oil too.

Yeah thats not bad if you are only using that one type of oil but I plan on using it in conjunction with other oils. There is nothing i can use on soap calc to generate a recipe using aloe oil? Kind of regretting I bought it now.

Let's say I want to use coconut oil, olive oil, lard, and aloe oil. How would I make a recipe and figure out the lye?

I hate math.

If the SAP valu is 0.135 for aloe oil, could I use the SAP value of olive oil and just put olive oil in the soap calc to figure out how much lye I would need?

"...could I use the SAP value of olive oil and just put olive oil in the soap calc..."

Yes, that would work, Wolfsnaps.

Latest posts

Back