Aloe Juice & other additives in Lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggybean37

Reaction score
Hiya!

Have started playing around with emulsified lotions and have a whole jug of aloe juice - am wondering how it is in lotion? Does it make it sticky?

Also - can you use something like coconut milk in lotion? Are there special steps beyond heating & holding you need to do prior to incorporating? Does it affect the amount of preservative you'd use?

Thanks so much in advance!

heat and hold is a must. When you use milks you need to preserve it very well, full potency of your whatever you use. Aloe juice , I used the one from supplier and it is preserved already. It is not easy to preserve botanicals;) I still make lotion with aloe vera organic poweder.

Oh absolutely! I had read a recipe that used aloe juice instead of distilled water but wasn't sure the overall effect it would have on the feeling on the lotion which is why I ask :)

I guess milk and glycerin should be heated and hold too (water phase) but don't they loose any valuable and heat sensitive ingredient?
Aloe juice , I used the one from supplier and it is preserved already.

What do you use to preserve it? I have also bought aloe vera gel and I just keep it in the refrigerator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back