Aloe, Gel, Oil Juice?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robindeb

Reaction score
I am working on a recipe for an aloe based soap and as many books as I have read I am still confused. Which is the best method and product to add to CP Soap? I have seen some recipes that add aloe oil(I guess this is like an extract) at the end of the process as an additive. I also was wondering if anyone has used aloe juice as water substitute at the the lye stage. My goal is to keep as much of the aloe properties in the end soap as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aloe,Gel, Oil Juice

I often use aloe juice in place of the water for my lye. I keep the jug in the fridge. I have not tried the gel or oil.

I like to 'double stuff'. Meaning i use the aloe or whatever nutrient in place of water. Then I turn around and add again at trace. I love aloe. It is so nice!

I found aloe powder online as an additive. Can this be used, or should only aloe juice be used? Can I just squeeze out some juice from the gel inside of the aloe plant, or should I buy aloe?

Suds

Suds said:
I found aloe powder online as an additive. Can this be used, or should only aloe juice be used? Can I just squeeze out some juice from the gel inside of the aloe plant, or should I buy aloe?

Suds

I have 200X aloe powder. It is fine to use. Just add 200:1 distilled water to reconstitute it. Why pay for shipping 99.9% water? You can also add a wee bit of dried aloe to your lye water.

As far as using fresh aloe, why not! 8)

Paul :wink:

I can't offer much advice, but I am also curious about adding fresh aloe vera gel to my soap too.

I have 2 big aloe plant in the yard. Has anyone ever tried using fresh aloe gel? How much and what is the success rate?

Many of the soap books I've read only mention "aloe oil" as well.

My husband mentioned to me that he heard aloe was drying? Anybody heard anything like that?

Latest posts

Back