aloe/cuke/calendula soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabadgley

Reaction score
I'm so excited! I finally make my test batch "Osiris" soap. Like Osiris, the Egyptian god who dies and is reborn again, I wanted the soap to have regenerative qualities for the skin. I got sunburned when we went camping this past weekend, which played into my ingredient choices :wink: . I was craving cooling, soothing things like cucumbers and aloe, so in place of distilled water, I used equal volumes of pureed cucumber and aloe vera juice. I infused my oils (38 % avocado, 31% coconut, 19% palm, 12% olive) with about 1/2 oz dried calendula petals for 2 or 3 days, then added 1 or 2 Tbs dried calendula petals at trace. I used a 1 pint milk carton as a mold for my 1 lb batch, and it fit perfectly. Now I just have to wait a month to see how it feels!

Wow, your soap sounds luscious and decadent and refreshing! Let us know how lovely it feels when you use it.

Thanks y'all! The waiting is the only thing I don't like about CP. I love playing around to create a new batch, but I don't like having to wait to try it! I didn't want to cook this one, though, and risk overheating any of the ingredients. Sigh. So waiting it is.

Andrea - they look awesome! Such a lovely white base which really sets off the colour of the petals. The ingredients are so yummy.....gorgeous. Let us know when you use it how it feels on your skin please.

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back