Almost a mess

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a batch of a new recipe, one I only ever made once before. Last time it was well behaved but I think the oils were way too hot today in a attempt to keep the stearic melted.
Between the high temps, the stearic and a fiddly FO, the soap went into slow seize and had to be glopped together and pounded into the mold.

It was ugly so I put it in the cold oven just so I didn't have to look at it. About 30 minutes later I decided to wrap it and try to force gel but when I pulled it out of the over, it was trying to volcano!
I grabbed a chop stick and stirred it down, it was hotter then any HP I've ever done. Really glad I checked it when I di, that could have been one heck of a mess.

It on the stove now with a towel over it so I can keep a close eye on it, hoping the ends will finish gelling so I can put it in the fridge soon.

You know, I didn't get rattled at all. I saw the seize, switched gears really quick & calmly finished soaping. Seeing the soap raising up and out of the mold was exciting though.
I should be able to cut soon, just waiting for it to cool more. Hopefully its not as ugly as it seems.

You never know, you might get a nice surprise! Can't wait to see it!

Back