Almonds for asprin, skin health

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
The next time you have a headache or your arthritis flares up, instead of reaching for the aspirin, consider munching on a handful of almonds. They're a great source of a chemical called salicin, which is converted into natural aspirin in the digestive tract.

Other good sources of salicin include apples, apricots, cherries and cucumbers among other fruits and vegetables. You can also use these natural precursors to aspirin for skin health.

Puree some apple chunks with a few slices of cucumber and a couple of cherries, and some distilled water or alcohol and you can make your own, inexpensive, all natural, skin lightening, exfoliating, anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, anti-acne toner.

Please note fruits and vegetables tend to be higher in salicin before they fully ripen.

Source: Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

Sadly I'm slightly allergic to several of those (when raw) so likely won't be trying this technique, unless it also works with cooked fruits.

Hi, thank you so much for this advice. My grandfather has dementia now, and his head hurts a lot from time to time. I even hired him as a caregiver with Senior Home Care in Palm Beach, FL | Home Care Assistance, but it still doesn't seem enough to me. I constantly give him different pills, and it seems that they don't work at all. I believe more in such recipes that you talk about. Next time if he gets a headache, I'll make him this according to the recipe. I didn't even know that unripe fruits contain more salicin than ripe ones. The main thing is that he does not have allergies to these fruits. Good luck to you, and thank you for such advice!

Last edited:
My grandfather has dementia now

I am so sorry to hear that. You may want to research this bit of info I found in my files. I'm sorry I didn't keep a link to the source.

"LION’S MANE MUSHROOM EXTRACT FOR DEMENTIA

Back in 1991, a scientist named Dr. Hiazu Kawagishi was researching ways to stimulate brain cell growth. He stumbled across a fascinating mushroom called Lion's Mane that has been associated with enhanced memory in Chinese medicine for centuries. Dr. Kawagishi discovered that the Lion's Mane mushroom contained two unique compounds that did remarkable things.

The first compound, Amyloban, protects brain cells from toxic damage brought on by amyloid plaque.

The second compound, Hericenone, stimulates new brain cell growth. Think about that.

Not only could the compounds in this mushroom fight off brain-destroying Alzheimer's plaque... it could stimulate the growth of new cells... turning back your brain's clock!

Dr. Kawagishi formulated an extract containing these compounds that is now patented in Japan as an anti-dementia agent. The extract is also the basis of a formula you can use today to help fight off Alzheimer's and reverse its effects. If you or a loved one suffer from memory problems, you know how frustrating it can be. But thanks to this breakthrough substance, you can get your memory — and your life — back to normal.

In one study, seven dementia patients were given the mushroom for six months. All seven patients — 100% — showed improvement in basic functions, including everyday activities like eating, getting dressed, bathing, showering and walking. And those of us who have a loved one with dementia know how important and challenging those "basic functions" can be.

On top of that, six out of the seven were able to recover some crucial cognitive powers like memory, problem solving, expression, understanding and communication.

A case study was conducted on Laura Stein, an 81-year-old Florida woman who had struggled with declining cognitive function for years. Laura was put on the formula and after just two months, her dementia rating dropped into a normal level: No dementia!

And the changes in her daily life were even more compelling. For example, Laura had struggled to name even four vegetables... but after taking the formula, she could name as many as she was asked to without hesitation.

Before, she couldn't cook, but now she can. Before the formula, she couldn't solve double-digit subtraction problems... but now she can!

Imagine the relief of having your memory back to full capacity...

Of being able to think and reason clearly...

To solve problems, remember events and carry out daily tasks like paying bills...

As you would expect, this formula is changing lives... so much so that researchers decided to pit it against leading Alzheimer's drug, Aricept. Scientists gave either the Lion's Mane extract formula or the drug Aricept to Alzheimer Type Dementia model rats...

The rats in the highest dose group did at least as well — and sometimes better — in learning memory and recognition than the rats taking the drug Aricept. If you or a loved one suffer from memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer's..."

Just posted in a new thread:

Lion's Mane Mushrooms - Benefits

Last edited:
All natural remedies are only to be used for information, if tried the SMF forum does not endorse any of them and it is at your own risk.

The next time you have a headache or your arthritis flares up, instead of reaching for the aspirin, consider munching on a handful of almonds. They're a great source of a chemical called salicin, which is converted into natural aspirin in the digestive tract.

Other good sources of salicin include apples, apricots, cherries and cucumbers among other fruits and vegetables. You can also use these natural precursors to aspirin for skin health.

Puree some apple chunks with a few slices of cucumber and a couple of cherries, and some distilled water or alcohol and you can make your own, inexpensive, all natural, skin lightening, exfoliating, anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, anti-acne toner.

Please note fruits and vegetables tend to be higher in salicin before they fully ripen.

Thank's for the information. I will try it for my migraine attacks.

Latest posts

Back