Quantcast

Almond milk

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Godiva

Reaction score
Does anyone use almond milk in their soaps? Is there a benefit of using almond milk, like there is with GM? Does it have a nutty smell in the finished bar??

Have searched and didn't really find anything on it.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
That's interesting. I've used sweet almond oil but have never heard of almond milk. Where might I find some?

G

I haven't heard of almond milk either . I wonder if you make it like oatmeal milk :?: .

Kitn

rubato456

Reaction score
almond milk is available in most health food stores, where you would find soy milk, oat milk etc. you can make yer own too.....

G

Thanks Deborah , I have never seen it , I will be looking for it now , it sounds interesting .

Kitn

rubyslippers

Reaction score
Since I live in the "boonies" I have to travel 30 miles to get to the nearest health food store but I will look for it the next time I'm there! I'd be interested in hearing what properties it adds to the soap. Anyone used it?

holly99

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this too after I read about soy milk being used.

Godiva

Reaction score
I was in the grocery story tonight (Publix if you're familiar with it), and they have almond milk. I didn't buy any though.

I searched on how to make your own, and basically you soak 1 cup almonds in 4 cups of water and let it soak in refrigerator (doesn't say how long). Then put all in a blender and blend till smooth, and strain thru cheesecloth.

Here's the site I found someone using it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNltskGGAY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNltskG ... re=related[/ame]

about 6:15 minutes into the video is where he is talking about almond milk - he doesn't really talk much about it, says he adds a bit more than what he uses to replace some of the liquid for extra creaminess. So I guess it adds creaminess. I just wonder it if adds a nutty smell. Guess I'll have to try it and find out. I like the idea of extra creaminess though.