Allergy free

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Are some oils more allergy free than others or are all of them allergy free?[/FONT]

No oils are allergy free, people can be allergic to just about anything. That being said, nut oils and shea are some of the more common oils that cause allergic reactions.

This is why you need to label your soaps with everything that is in them, even if giving as gifts, people should know what they contain.

I think that is why it is important to list all the ingredients on your soap labels. That way if anyone has a known allergy, they can read the label to see if the ingredients contain that allergen.

I have allergies but so far the soap I've made seems to be good for my skin. I'm waiting for the lard soap to age to try it.
I like the idea of lard or tallow soap. I was a meat cutter for a time but found out it made em itchy. I hope in soap it will be OK.

There is a really high probability that it was the cleaners that made you itchy rather than the meat/fats. However, I suppose that anything is possible.

You are going to love you some lard soap.

Back