All your fault!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's more than one FB soap making group and most have a fair bit of drama and misinformation, so just pick one and check it out. I bite my lip a lot too. I read a couple of liquid soap making groups .... same general level of drama with different names ... in fact, the LS makers seem rather more prone to go to extremes -- "I've been cooking my liquid soap paste for 3 days and it's still not done!"

Last edited:
I cannot imagine having anyone (let alone my child) use my products before I thoroughly test them. Some people... grrr

Right?? Nobody gets to even touch my soaps until I have thoroughly tested them myself, in the shower..on all parts...they can sniff and ohh and ahh..but thats it until Ive done the tests.

I love to visit the couple of FB groups I belong to just to see how much bad information is there. It's unbelievable what people think is okay. I see a lot of the HP being ready right after unmolding. I don't usually get too involved because as some have said "you can't fix stupid" and that goes with advice too. Sometimes I just laugh and move one. I will however post if I see something way wrong. I don't even let my grandchildren use my CP soaps yet(they are crazy little beasts in the tub 1 1/2& 2 1/2 years old). Maybe soon though. I couldn't imagine letting them use freshly made soap.

I am in Canadian soapers group, and it is awful. Most people have no idea what they are doing. How is it possible that they sell. Everyone is showing freshly poured soap, in the mold but not very often the cut :))

I too, used HP soap after it was unmolded and cut. I thought as long as it is completely cooked and there is not lye in it, it's OK. I made the stuff and I wanted to use it! I was OK, but not great and I was wondering what's the big deal about homemade soap. Then I thought it was the recipe and tried others. Same thing. However after reading that HP needs curing time, too, I put it away and left it alone for 6 weeks. My Bastille, the one that volcanoed in the oven, is freakin' amazing! It is ALL about the cure. My other soaps feel much better, too. Now, I've got some ends and pot scrapings that I use when the HP (or CP) is a few days old just at the kitchen sink. I'll probably always do that. But I won't use those to determine the quality of the soap. Only time will tell. Y'all made a believer out of me!

I'm so glad I don't go on any of the Facebook soaping sites, which for me is easy since I actually don't have an FB account (I know, I'm so early '90's- I don't even have a smartphone. I have a plenty-smart-enough-for-me-flip-phone instead :lol: ). Besides, I know myself only too well-going on those sites would get me in so much of a dither and riled up that there wouldn't be any space left in my mind to concentrate on better things... like our forum here. We have such a great group here. :thumbup:

IrishLass :)

Right that's it! I've read (and corrected!) the last 'HP doesn't need a cure' and 'Ph strips work for ph testing soap' posts I intend to read or comment on!!

Too frustrating! I'm quitting the FB soap group!

I just saw the post you commented on and ended up wading in. I really should leave that group too. It does nothing for my sanity.

I was very briefly a member of that group but had to leave for the same reason. Too many misinformed soaper's and too much drama! Not my circus (as someone put it) so I just left. I don't have time or energy for it! It is amazing how misinformed some soaper's are!!

In the FB tallow soapers group I'm in, one soaper said tallow makes a lot more glycerin than other soaping fats. I explained why that is not correct. Although we're having a reasonably civil discussion about the matter, it's pretty clear she doesn't believe a word of what I'm saying. I'm starting to grind my teeth.

In the FB tallow soapers group I'm in, one soaper said tallow makes a lot more glycerin than other soaping fats. I explained why that is not correct. Although we're having a reasonably civil discussion about the matter, it's pretty clear she doesn't believe a word of what I'm saying. I'm starting to grind my teeth.

Ha! There you go trying to ruin her good story with facts! :lol:

I hadn't even thought to look on FB for soaping groups n now I'm glad I didn't. It bugs me enough when I'm watching YouTube videos and see people's kids running behind them while they are working with lye etc. I think a group full of misinformed people would make my brain explode LOL

Facebook strikes again!!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1439243103.406309.jpg

Latest posts

Back