All things coconut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Had a guy at the wet market make me fresh coconut milk to use for soap.

I love that all things coconut are relatively affordable here. I didnt weigh yet but I have a little more than 600g to freeze I would think and it cost me PHP45 or USD0.85 more or less..
_20181205_132751.JPG
Oh yes, I drank some already lol

Also asked him for the meat that he squeezed the milk from to munch on. As with all things nowadays, I'm wondering what will happen if I soap with it and how lol
_20181205_132814.JPG
But for now I'm gonna go mix unrefined brown sugar with some of this and indulge.

A liter of RBD coconut oil costs me about USD3.30 give or take.

So.... Aside from oil and milk, what other coconut products have you been able to soap with? Meat? Flour?
How's the cost for you?

I'm just curious coz I think it's a fair trade off to having lard and tallow difficult to find lol

If coconut milk was cheap here, I would use it in everything. If I want fresh milk, I'll have to make it myself and one coconut runs around three dollars.
Maybe when they are in season and the price goes down, I'll try making some for myself.

I've been wanting to soap with coconut cream which is just coconut meat ground into a paste along with the milk but its really expensive. I just need to get some and go for it. I'd eat most of it anyways.

If coconut milk was cheap here, I would use it in everything. If I want fresh milk, I'll have to make it myself and one coconut runs around three dollars.
Maybe when they are in season and the price goes down, I'll try making some for myself.

I've been wanting to soap with coconut cream which is just coconut meat ground into a paste along with the milk but its really expensive. I just need to get some and go for it. I'd eat most of it anyways.
I wanted to try milk, and since my SO is vegan, I wanted the creaminess everyone talks about and decided coconut was the way to go. Just need to get my procedure right. First time didn't go to well but I got some good tips.

Coconut cream sells for about 10 pesos more than just the milk. We use it a lot in desserts. Thanks for mentioning it, I have another item in my list of must tries.

There are coconuts here that go for about that much of money... The ones in resorts where they give it to you with a straw and cute umbrella and their name on it lol

Back