All that glitters...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
I'm contemplating sprinkling some glitter on my batch planned for today and I'm wondering if I can use glitter purchased at an arts and crafts store or if the glitters I've seen some soap makers use is soap-specific. Will any glitter work?

Thanks!

I can't add anything else. I've known about TKB since Aromaleigh (cosmetic site) first shut down (the owner makes beautiful eyeshadows). They have tons of micas and oxides.

I looove the glitters from Nurture, and their sparkly mica`s! <3

I also stubled upon a finely milled glitter in a shop that is equivalant to your HobbyLobby, and it turns out to be fanstastic on top of soaps. It is cosmetic grade though, otherwise I would not dare to use it.

Nurture also has samples of everything, so you can test out different ones. I would start with their Glitter Mica`s, they glitter like a diamond exploded and melted with rays of the sun.

As always... thanks to all for the replies and education. I was out and about today and it's a good thing I decided not to get glitter 'till I read the replies.

Until my next question... good weekend all!

Latest posts

Back