Alkanet turned a beautiful blue!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
I made a soap yesterday that is still in the molds. I have started packaging my soaps differently that requires the tops to be flat. I had some extra alkanet infused OO left over and I figured, why the heck not? So I dropped some on top, swirled it around, and expected it to turn the typical dark lavender/grey color. But instead, found I nice surprise today when I uncovered it. A true blue! I'm guessing because it wasn't actually part of the saponified soap mixture, the pH affected it differently. So pleased! Now, if only I could keep the infusion from bleeding on top and staying in nice "straight" swirl lines. :smile:

alkanet top.jpg

Very pretty.. and I still think the lines look fab. I love dainty lines like that.
Thanks! I think just smaller drops next time will help the lines be thinner and more even. Can't wait to cut it tomorrow! I did some kind of divide with a funky swirl on one side. I'll post photos :)

Back