Aleppo tribute soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
Finally made my Aleppo soap. 80 % olive oil, 20% laurel berry oil. Used ZNSC recipe. Just with 20% Laurel Berry oil. Worked perfect. Forced gel. Cut @ 20 hours. It's Hard! man. Diy stamp. 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 blocks. Smells awesome.
20210915_093428.jpg
Stamp says "made by hand" in Arabic. Used an online translator. Trying to be as respectful as I can. Had a lot of fun. Putting the pieces together. Thanks for looking.

Hi everybody.
Finally made my Aleppo soap. 80 % olive oil, 20% laurel berry oil. Used ZNSC recipe. Just with 20% Laurel Berry oil. Worked perfect. Forced gel. Cut @ 20 hours. It's Hard! man. Diy stamp. 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 blocks. Smells awesome.
View attachment 60888
Stamp says "made by hand" in Arabic. Used an online translator. Trying to be as respectful as I can. Had a lot of fun. Putting the pieces together. Thanks for looking.
I am so curious about this and keep us posted after the cure. Your soap is beautiful, stamp and all! I have long been intrigued by aleppo soap and bought some from a local middle eastern grocery. However, it was slimy BUT smelled divine. But you are using @Zany_in_CO 's recipe and I want to know what yours is like.

My son knows Arabic so if you ever need a quick phrase translated, just let me know.

Thank you for sharing this! Great job!

🙂 Just about as authentic and empathic as possible, while not being inside that hell over there in Syria.

One question to your laurel oil: it was more on the pale side? Colour varies vastly, but most often one sees laurel oil/Aleppo soap bright olive/fir green, rather than this flesh/ivory colour.

Hi.
Had this project in the works. Started reading Zany s thread. And it mentioned Aleppo soap being made with seawater. Didn't like slime I saw in review video's. So thought I would give it a try.
Mmmm, greenish oob. But yes, it is on the light side. Maybe if I had used a higher percentage Laurel Berry oil??

Clever to use that type of glue! I used a glue gun myself. Yours won`t produce heat like a gluegun. Is it hard?

It was about four or five years ago I made molds from fun types of candy that I wanted to use as m&p embeds. So since there wasn`t anything available to make molds out of then (it is now though, two silicone clay parts you mix together and press the thing you want to make a mold from, and let set for 24 hours)

It worked well and I still have them. Not very flexible, but still works! I`ll have your idea in mind next time.

Hi everybody. Cut a bar in half. Slight ring starting to appear. It is getting lighter. Outside showing signs of aging. Shinkage, cracking. Starting to look like the real thing. Ok, tested at the sink. Some, big open bubbles to start. But settled in to a tight, almost cream like lather. In the shower was pretty much the same. NO SLIME!, in either case. Very soft. Skin felt good after. Going to enjoy using these. Thank you for looking.

Hi everybody. Cut a bar in half. Slight ring starting to appear. It is getting lighter. Outside showing signs of aging. Shinkage, cracking. Starting to look like the real thing. Ok, tested at the sink. Some, big open bubbles to start. But settled in to a tight, almost cream like lather. In the shower was pretty much the same. NO SLIME!, in either case. Very soft. Skin felt good after. Going to enjoy using these. Thank you for looking.

You've put a lot of thought into this soap. Thanks for the update, it's one of my favorite soap projects I've seen here.

Hi everybody.
View attachment 60888
Your soap is beautiful & love the big block bars. I never thought of making a stamp most interesting. Great job well done..

Back