Aleppo inspired soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toan

Reaction score
Hello,

I made a soap inspired in the Aleppo soap,i used:
24% laurel oil
76% olive oil
33% lye solution

I like a lot the color and it smells awesome!!!

I just need to wait to try it... :/

20200920_120022-01.jpeg

Cheers!

I made it once 70/30 and never did like it. I think I made it 4 years ago. I still have most of the bars. I just don't like high OO soaps.

Yeah, at the end i guess everything goes to personal taste, in my case i love it and, in my personal opinion, this blend of oils makes a great soap
: )

I made it once 70/30 and never did like it. I think I made it 4 years ago. I still have most of the bars. I just don't like high OO soaps.

Shunt, would you be willing to sell those to me? There are Syrian refugees in my area who would love them! I made 20 bars and gave those away, kept 3 for myself to covid hand washing since there’s no co in them.

Shunt, would you be willing to sell those to me? There are Syrian refugees in my area who would love them! I made 20 bars and gave those away, kept 3 for myself to covid hand washing since there’s no co in them.
Let me locate them if I can. I’ve packed all my soap stuff away as I had to get it out of my house due to breathing issues and I’m having surgery on Friday. I’ll try to find them when I’m off recovering. I’ll just send them to you if I find them.

Hello,

24% laurel oil
76% olive oil
33% lye solution

View attachment 49759

Cheers!

They’re beaut
Let me locate them if I can. I’ve packed all my soap stuff away as I had to get it out of my house due to breathing issues and I’m having surgery on Friday. I’ll try to find them when I’m off recovering. I’ll just send them to you if I find them.

Please put yourself first, and finding the soap last. I hope the surgery goes perfectly so you’ll be home and feeling like yourself again ASAP.

I recently bought and used an Aleppo bar from a local Syrian grocery. I really love the scent and color and have long been intrigued. I'm glad you like it and you are right, taste is so idiosyncratic. To me it just felt slimy. Your bars look beautiful.
And @shunt2011 best wishes to you and take good care.

Thank you @Zing, yeah i love the scent too. My apartment smells so good right now

Hello,

24% laurel oil
76% olive oil
33% lye solution

View attachment 49759

Cheers!
I made Aleppo style soap last year & I love it!

Attachments

• D1704ED1-DC8C-43B4-97EF-812BBEE254E4.jpeg
    D1704ED1-DC8C-43B4-97EF-812BBEE254E4.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
I recently bought and used an Aleppo bar from a local Syrian grocery. I really love the scent and color and have long been intrigued. I'm glad you like it and you are right, taste is so idiosyncratic. To me it just felt slimy. Your bars look beautiful.
And @shunt2011 best wishes to you and take good care.

Did you happen to take pics of it?

Thanks@toan, I waited about 9 months. I tried one at 6 months and it was still a little slimy. But 9 months seemed to be good.

Ok i was hesitating between 6 or 9 months but maybe i'm going to try hard to be patient and wait at least 9 months. Thank you : )

Okay, now I am curious about trying it again. Can you give more detail about the bubbli-ness, etc. Like I said, I loved the scent but it just seemed so lotion-y when I used it.

The soap I made was 75 oo and 25 lbo. Laurel berry oil has about half of the bubbly Lauric fatty acid that coconut does, but almost no myristic, which co has. My soap is going on 3 years, and makes a few big initial bubbles, then the more coating or lotions, slick lather you describe.

Latest posts

Back