• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ingredients For Sale Alaskan Glacial Mud

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I am not listing this yet as I just want to see if there is any interest before I do. I just wanted to include the disclaimer in case it would be required to post in this section, which is where I think it should go.

I have a friend who was making product for a company. She is no longer doing that and has a LOT of this Alaskan Glacial Mud, taking up too much room that she now needs for, well, personal reasons. You can read about the mud here: Wildly Potent Glacial Mineral Skincare | Powered by Mother Nature | Made in Alaska It sells for $45/lb on Amazon. This is a nice additive to soap and makes wonderful masks and that sort of thing. I have made soap with it at 1 tsp PPO, and the color ends up looking like the picture below. I told her I would see if there was any interest here. She really doesn't want much for it and I will sell it for her for $5.00 a pound plus $9.20 for a small flat rate shipping box, so $14.20 total. I don't have it here at the moment, but am assuming 1 lb will fit into the small flat rate box. Please let me know if this would be of interest to any of you. I don't want to end up with a big bucket of this that I have to store. I don't have room either. If enough people are interested, I will create a proper listing.

6.2021 Glacial Clay.jpg

$5.00 a pound plus $9.20 for a small flat rate shipping box, so $14.20 total.
YIKES! The small flat rate has really gone up! Plus it probably wouldn't hold more than 1 pound, I'm guessing.

I went to USPS Click n Ship to check out how much it would cost to send a Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A1. I'm guessing it might hold up to 3 lbs? Maybe more? Well, it wasn't even listed in the drop down menu for shipping. But they still have them available. Might be worth checking out for those of us who might want more than a pound to make it worth the shipping expense. ???

Last edited:
@Zany_in_CO if someone wanted more than a pound I could work with them on options. I am doing this as a favor for a friend and flat rate is what works best for me. I don’t want to make a lot of trips to the post office and go stand in line. A box will protect the contents best. I am supplying bags, tape, paper and toner for my printer, not to mention time to weigh and package the clay. I think if someone wants this product it’s a fair price at $14.20 all in.

Last edited:
I'm interested too. I think you are doing a nice thing for your friend. I didn't mean to offend you by being shocked by the shipping cost. You're certainly not responsible for that. ;)

I'm old school. I clearly remember hosting an International Castile Soap Swap (remember those?) back in 2005. Participants were from the USA, Canada, France, the Netherlands and South Africa. The cost of shipping 10 soaps to those countries was $11.00! How times have changed.

I'm not offended @Zany_in_CO - I just want to be very clear from the beginning that I'm not going to spend a lot of time searching for the best (cheapest) shipping option. I have 3 very littles that aren't old enough to be covid vaccinated (one is only 2 weeks old). Even though I have been vaccinated, I'm trying to avoid crowds and lines as much as possible these days.

I'm hoping to have at least 10 people interested before I commit to this project. Or rather, before I commit to having a pail of clay sitting in my basement. Although if there are only a couple of people interested, I can certainly get it for those that are.

I'm in AZ 85344. I'd love 3-5 pounds for sure, maybe more depending on how much you can ram into a flat rate big box. If you sign up for clicknship on usps.com you can print labels from home and schedule a pickup from your house. Then your little ones stay safe. USPS will also ship you free boxes if you have an account set up.

I would be interested in 3 to 5 pounds or more if this has a stable shelf life.

It looks pretty close to the Canadian Glacial Marine Clay that is raved about in DIY Bath and Body's Foaming Mud Masque recipe. I have been wanting to try that recipe but haven't wanted to pay the $22/lb that they are asking for it on Amazon. So I'd love to try a pound of this stuff.

I second the recommendation to set up a free account at USPS.com so you can have their free shipping boxes sent directly to your house.

Then sign up for PirateShip.com to get the best USPS rates. No fiddling needed - put in the flat rate box size (or box size and weight if you aren't doing flat rate). It automatically tells you the cheapest option. Then you print out the label on regular printer paper, tape it to the box, and arrange for free package pickup at your doorstep. It is so easy to use and eliminates all the trips to the Post Office!

I can look into that @AliOop. A quick check for a small flat rate box saved $0.55. The medium flat rate box saved $1.75. I'm just trying to keep this easy for myself. Does anyone know if this is available for people who don't have a business?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this is available for people who don't have a business?
Anyone can use it.
Just go to https://www.usps.com/
Choose "Quick Tools" on the top left Menu Bar. You get a drop down menu.
Choose the Click-n-Ship icon. to sign up.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with "Free Boxes" delivered to your door and all the other helpful items in that drop down menu.

Then make a visit to your local Post Office to say farewell... 😁

I use pirate ship all the time to send soaps and anything really to my family up north. Not a business, just personal use. I love it. You can track form the website and if you have recipients email it will email tracking information. Plus the discount! Lol!

ETA: if you do have a business I believe you can link some selling platforms for mailing list and bulk order shipping.

and I would also be interested in 3-5 pounds!

@dibbles like @violets2217 I use it all the time and don’t need any tax ID, business name, etc. It truly makes everything soooo much easier. My husband appreciates not being sent to the PO all the time, too, since he’s the one in our house who typically handles that bc I’m working during their open hours.

@dibbles like @violets2217 I use it all the time and don’t need any tax ID, business name, etc. It truly makes everything soooo much easier. My husband appreciates not being sent to the PO all the time, too, since he’s the one in our house who typically handles that bc I’m working during their open hours.
Yep if it’s a small package I just put it in the mailbox like outgoing mail and put up my cute little red flag. You can schedule pick ups for next day. I’ve not done that. If I have quite a few I can just drop them off. No waiting in line. Most post offices have a area near the counter for pre labeled boxes. I did buy a small cheap thermal label printer for 4x6 labels, but before I would just print them on paper (or full page labels) if I had them and tape them to box.

I typically don’t bother with a scheduled pick up and just put it in the outgoing mail, as well. But I live in a neighborhood where the packages aren’t stolen. For those who have package thieves in their area, you can drop it off at a USPS, UPS store, in a mail collection box, or anywhere that accepts packages.

Back