• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ingredients For Sale Alaskan Glacial Clay Orders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

Alaskan Glacial Clay
Wildly Potent Glacial Mineral Skincare | Powered by Mother Nature | Made in Alaska
https://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Glaci...07YBN6877,B095NTPLL5&srpt=SKIN_TREATMENT_MASK
I am selling this for a friend who no longer uses it and needs to clear some storage space. Since we both would like to have this sold as quickly as possible, she is willing to sell any amount of clay for $1.00 per pound (in 2 pound increments), plus the cost of shipping. A ziplock quart size bag will hold 2 pounds. I am using the USPS flat rate boxes only (please don't suggest envelopes, regional rate, measure and weigh random boxes, etc). A small flat rate box will hold 2 pounds of clay and the cost of shipping is $8.65. A medium flat rate box will hold 12 pounds (maybe up to 14 pounds) and the cost of shipping is $14.50. For clarity, if you wanted 10 lbs of clay, you would pay $10.00 plus $14.50 = $24.50 ($2.45/pound). If I have any problems with Pirate Ship, I will be using USPS with slightly higher rates. Paypal friends and family payment only.

If you would like to order any of this, or have any questions PM me.

Hello Dibbles. I will go in for 2lbs, let me know if I can go up to 10lbs but I know a lot of soapers want in on this as well. Shipping to Washington DC. Will PM you the address.

Last edited:
For those of you that have already ordered, since I've never used Pirate Ship before I want to do a bit of a test before I ship everything that way. I sent one package out this morning, picked up from my mailbox at about 10:30, and it still isn't showing up in the USPS system when I check the tracking number. I have all the clay bagged up, so once I can see with my own eyes Pirate Ship is a good thing, I'll get the rest out. Just don't want y'all to get nervous. It will be sent one way or another in a day or two.

For those of you that have already ordered, since I've never used Pirate Ship before I want to do a bit of a test before I ship everything that way. I sent one package out this morning, picked up from my mailbox at about 10:30, and it still isn't showing up in the USPS system when I check the tracking number. I have all the clay bagged up, so once I can see with my own eyes Pirate Ship is a good thing, I'll get the rest out. Just don't want y'all to get nervous. It will be sent one way or another in a day or two.
FYI, I have noticed that USPS often changes the tracking number when they take over from another shipping company. It gets annoying sometimes because I would save the tracking number provided by the original shipper & it would show up as 'pending' or 'label created, but not yet in the system' at the USPS site even after it had already arrived at my door.

With USPS Informed Delivery, I see what is headed our way, including origin of package, shipper, expected delivery dates, and progress along the way. I find it very useful. There is no cost for the Informed Delivery service, but that could change what with all the other stuff going on with USPS. I check it often because I am always concerned when packages may arrive and sit out in the rain; some things just don't fare well on a rainy front step. Alas, there is no covered area where the Postman can leave our packages. Even the letters in our mailbox get wet if left in the mailbox in a heavy rain.

I never had a problem with Pirate, but they only really saved me money when using cubic rate. I am sure this is a service they do to keep up their shipping quota so they the better ship rates for their company.

The clay is now all spoken for. Thank you to those who took some of it off my hands. My friend is happy to have it go to good use rather than end up in her garden.

@dibbles My box arrived at 10:30 AM today (Saturday 11/6/21)! YAY! The box was a little travel worn but the contents made the journey just fine. Excellent packaging! I can't wait to try it. It's an incredibly fine powder -- think "cosmetic grade for faces". Don't sneeze when opening it. :nonono:

Alaskan Glaicial Clay.jpg

Before sharing any facial masks with the ladies in my family, I figured I better give it a try myself, so this morning before dawn, I might add, I did just that. It goes on very smoothly. I left it on my face only about 5 minutes because my facial skin tends to be quite sensitive and I didn't want to risk any adverse effects. (ETA: I posted about it here.)

I did not feel the roughness (sand-paperish) until removing with a warm wet wash cloth. Perhaps prior to a shower would be a better option. But even with the wet washcloth removal, my sensitive facial skin did not react badly to using the mud pack (powder in oil slurry only for testing purposes). It's now about 14-15 hours later, and my face is feeling about the same as it has the past several days, although there is a bit of dryness around the outer edges of my lips; I may have put the mask too close to my lips.

For use in soap, I'm going to do some prep watching some videos of soapers who make similar soaps with glacial mud/clay/silt (whatever they call it in their soap.) Then I'll see where I go from there. I also plan to see how it affects certain colors because I think it might be an interesting method to darken some colors and get the clay effect as well.

Thank you again for doing this, @dibbles.

Last edited:
Back