Air Soap- wwyd? And which fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommy

Reaction score
I'm looking so make a CP soap with an Air theme (I'm doing the 4 elements but this is the one I'm stumped about).
What design elements come to mind for you? I can do most techniques- most swirls, layers, pencil lines, landscapes, embeds. I use micas and/or spices.

I'm looking for an FO from NG (I'm placing an order there and I want this to be in that shipment) that one would choose for an Air soap- one that has a strong, long-lasting fragrance, I don't mind if it accelerates.

I'd love to hear your ideas!

I don't have a go-to NG water scent, but I think water scents tend to be more air than water, most of them are pretty ozoney (w/some floral mixed in.) W/o having tried it, maybe you should check out Shunt's China Rain suggestion?

Thanks! I know what you mean about water scents.
China Rain and OMG Olive are two I would never have thought to try. Thanks for the suggestion.
How would you make it look? Maybe I'll be more inspired when I smell the fragrance in 4 weeks (international shipping).

My brain goes to sea air when I think of air, because I live in Florida, that doesn't help I know :).

Something light and fluffy.....what about White Tea and Ginger done lightly? Friend of mine makes a soap with it and it smells clean (like air should be?) to me....

I'd probably use a very white base with a graceful and trim blue swirl in it (if using a lighter blue, you could do it the other way around). Blue and white are very airy colors to me, like blue sky and white cloud.

For shape, a circle or an oval. Something flowing, without edges when you look down on it. If you can, of course.

For scent, an ozone or a floral, both of which are rather airy. Mix the two for an "ocean garden" kind of scent.

And the name? "Ariel" or "Zephyr" or something like that, of course. :)

My brain goes to sea air when I think of air, because I live in Florida, that doesn't help I know :).

Something light and fluffy.....what about White Tea and Ginger done lightly? Friend of mine makes a soap with it and it smells clean (like air should be?) to me....

Mine too. But one of the elements is already water so I feel like I should stay away from the ocean scents. The water one will probably end up as salty mariner BB or ocean spray NG. The fire is orange chili pepper NG and the earth is Fresh Mango BB (which smells super-green and not like mango).

That makes me want to try the BB Mango. I don't like fruity scents, but that one sounds really interesting ..

"Air" is tricky b/c it is so hard to define what it smells like. I am not a laundry scent person, but I might put a tiny dab of one in to see if it works. Also maybe grass.

That makes me want to try the BB Mango. I don't like fruity scents, but that one sounds really interesting ..

"Air" is tricky b/c it is so hard to define what it smells like. I am not a laundry scent person, but I might put a tiny dab of one in to see if it works. Also maybe grass.

OOB it smells somewhat mango, but soaped, it smells like green leaves to me.

I would like ozone and maybe a touch of pine. As far as the design goes, a very pale blue with globs of white to look like clouds.

I like that. Would it bother you next to a turquoisey and sand-colored 'water' soap?

I immediately thought of a whipped soap - light blue with a few puffy white cloud spots. I think there is a fresh snow scent from BB that might be nice. I haven't soaped it, but sniffed someone else's soap that I'm fairly certain was using BB.

ETA. Obsidian has good taste. :D

If you're trying to be accurate to the elements, I'd go with yellow as the color since that is used to represent the Air element in most instances. If I were making it myself, I'd do a swirl with two shade of pale yellow and a little white.
The scents that represented the element air of course open to personal interpretation, but are traditionally very deep, rich and resinous like amber, frankincense, pine, cedar, myrrh as well as vanilla.
If you're making this for someone, you might ask what resonates with them.

I think there is a fresh snow scent from BB that might be nice. I haven't soaped it, but sniffed someone else's soap that I'm fairly certain was using BB.

BB's fresh snow smells really nice but I don't think it would fit a air theme. It smells a bit like a cross of snow, grape jelly and fabric softener. To me its a purple scent or maybe a pastel rainbow.

BB's fresh snow smells really nice but I don't think it would fit a air theme. It smells a bit like a cross of snow, grape jelly and fabric softener. To me its a purple scent or maybe a pastel rainbow.

Now, I'm going to have to hunt down the actual FO I smelled. It just smelled cold without being minty. I would have bought a bar, but they were selling uncured CP with instructions to wait a few days before using... scary!

If you're trying to be accurate to the elements, I'd go with yellow as the color since that is used to represent the Air element in most instances. If I were making it myself, I'd do a swirl with two shade of pale yellow and a little white.

I just had to look that up because yellow seemed to be the last color I would think of as representing air, but darned if it isn't yellow (I always think of blue and white). You learn something new every day. :)

With that in mind, I love the thought of a pale yellow with a white swirl. For an 'airy' scent, I once tried a Sunflower FO (from Peak's I think) that I think would go good with an air theme. I don't know if you are familiar with Yankee Candle's Sunflower scent, but it smelled a lot like that. NG has a Sunflower FO, too, I just noticed, but I don't know if it smells the same.

IrishLass :)

Now, I'm going to have to hunt down the actual FO I smelled. It just smelled cold without being minty. I would have bought a bar, but they were selling uncured CP with instructions to wait a few days before using... scary!

Very possible it was fresh snow. My daughter smells cold & crisp with a touch of laundry. No one else smells grape but me and that takes a few days of smelling a fresh batch for that to develop.

The first note that hits your nose is cold. Its one of my favorite scents but could do with a bit of minty.

My first thought was the smell right before a heavy thunderstorm. Right after the first few lightning strikes, but before the sky opens up. Does anyone have that in a bottle? "Lightning" or "Calm Before the Storm" -- I'd pay a lot for that smell in a soap.

That is the scent of ozone. I know a few places sell a ozone FO but I have no idea how true it really is. I have a happy light to combat seasonal depression and it has a ozone maker in it, I love the smell but hubby hates it, thinks it smells like burnt hair.

Back