Air bubbles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deetlebug78

Reaction score
OMG.. can containers used to mix soap batter contribute to air bubbles? These are the Saint this is the same recipe I’ve always used I’m getting bubbles before even touch anything with the darn stick blender I melting my oils in the microwave I got a new mixing container but the last two batches have been full of air bubbles and I just did another one and it’s again the same thing full of air bubbles I haven’t even touched stick blender to it I’m so frustrated I’m in tears is it possible that it’s the containers

D5D0BC51-7C88-4B5D-8FC7-6F5A78DD7023.jpg

It is not the container. I’ve used that before.

Do you burp your blender? Ensure no air is in the bell before you start or it’ll have bubbles.

Do you only use it in bursts? The vortex that forms will introduce air if it touches the stick blender.

I've use the same container with no issues. You should be able to stir out the bubbles. I find that heating in the microwave sometimes causes bubbles.

These bubbles are occurring before the stick blender has even been turned on. I’ve been told that maybe it’s palm oil and or microwaving the oils to melt

I had a quick look at the manufacturers website, and that container is plastic #2, HDPE or High-Density Polyethylene, so it's not the container.

I'd also suggest that you have microwaved the oils past the boiling point of water, and some residual moisture is leaving in the form of bubbles.

Thank you for this information and I agree it’s the microwave I had been heating my oils on low on the stove, until I got the containers and started microwaving them I was doing it in 1 minutes increments to avoid over heating but clearly I over heated them. I’m assuming the soap will be fine just not as pretty to look at.... correct?

I should think so ... is your soap otherwise normal (no big holes in the middle or anything)?

Could you post a picture? It makes it so much easier if we can see what you are describing. :)

Thank you for this information and I agree it’s the microwave I had been heating my oils on low on the stove, until I got the containers and started microwaving them I was doing it in 1 minutes increments to avoid over heating but clearly I over heated them. I’m assuming the soap will be fine just not as pretty to look at.... correct?

I melt my oils in the microwave, but do it at half power. The first time in for about 3 minutes, then a minute more if needed to finish melting and become clear. It is an older microwave, and not as powerful as the one in my kitchen - that one I'd probably use at 30% power.

Like Shunt2011 said above, you can stir out air bubbles in oil.
Alternatively, letting the oil rest, as penelopejane suggested, will also allow the bubbles to leave the oil.

Your soap is just fine, the spots are only a cosmetic issue.

If you do change your method, just be sure to soap when the oils are clear and comfortably warm (I cup my hand around the outside of the container - it should feel like a nice cup of tea; do this with caution if you are microwaving your oils).

Thank you for your response. I went back to my original method bulky stainless steel pot heat on low till hard oils almost melted then add my liquids! No more bubbles air bubbles that is [emoji4]

Back