Air Bubbles !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
Well, I finally made a great batch of soap!! Wonderful lather compliments of Mike and Paul's sugar tip and the assistance and wisdom imparted upon me about the stearic acid (I only used 1% .. didn't think 10 would be a good idea). Thanx everyone :) I just can't get over how wonderful this soap came out! I love it :D Anyway, I get little tiny air bubbles on the bottom of the slab (and there are a few on the sides) and with my type A personality, I'm about to have a small psychotic break because of it. Is there any way to prevent or remedy this? They're really small, but still, I think it has an effect on the appearance (plus all the experts here don't seem to have air bubbles in their pictures). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know how elegant this method is, but I do to my soap what I do to my cakes. I bang the mold on the counter lightly to release the air. Also, when I'm stick blending, i always tilt the stick blender up to release any trapped air before I start, and stir everything real quick by hand before pouring.

Hope this helps,
Mike

I've been very careful with the stick blender and getting the air bubbles out. I'll have to try tapping it like cake batter .. it makes perfect sense and the soap is roughly the same consistency as thick cake batter .. hmm ... again .. great idea Mike :D

Thanx,

Adrienne

Beachgurl...be sure you have safety glasses on when you tap the mold to smooth out the soap. It can easily splash into you eyes, Ask me how I know!

Sudsy Bubbles

Somehow, I don't think that would be a very fun thing :( I'll take your word for it :)

MikeInPdx said:
I don't know how elegant this method is, but I do to my soap what I do to my cakes. I bang the mold on the counter lightly to release the air.
I use this method as well, it works. It also works when your molding cement or plaster. I'm not much of a cook though so I'll have to leave the cakes to Mike. :)

Bang here too.

**Just cleaned Green Tea soap off the ceiling last week - Be careful!**

Back