Air bubbles, med-thick pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goji_fries

Reaction score
I can't seem to get rid of all the bubbles in mixes. Pouring too thick? I try to pound out the bubbles but it doesn't work. Your thought or suggestions atr welcome.

Pouring too thick. If you are unable to pound the bubbles out of your mold, it is too thick. However, if you are using silicone molds, those are notorious for developing bubbles on the edges. They are easy enough to plane off if they bother you.

Thank you Susie.:)
I am going to try thinner. I am paranoid about pouring too thini and not heating up after a botched batch in the past.

It doesn't have to get hot to saponify. I have several recipes that I stick in the freezer to prevent them from heating up.

Are they big bubbles, or lots of tiny ones? Tiny air bubbles can be caused by stick blenders. I have a new blender that creates tons of tiny bubbles regardless of how much I "burp" it, whereas my old blender works great. If they are big ones, I agree with the others that if you can't bang your molds and get them to rise I would try pouring at a thinner trace.

Back