AHRE Sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go to their Facebook page to understand the sales because I thought originally I could add individual 1 ounce bottles, instead of the single fragrance sampler pack. Even with the cost of shipping almost doubling the price, I couldn't resist. The samples I received from them before were so lovely and strong. I'm hoping this next batch become some of my new favorites.

Hmmm $19.49 to ship 20 ounces of products. I'm going to have to think about this one. I'm sure it's a real PiTA to do this sale and I'm betting that plays into handling costs.

I ordered 2, 20 oz sample packs, 5 lbs of wax and 3 oz of TD and my shipping was only $14.55. I guess they are in SC which is pretty close to me.

That's way better than mine was going to be. Almost $20 for 1, 20 oz sample pack and 4 oz of Issey Miyake.

I guess where you live really makes a difference. For example, I hate ordering from BB for the same reason. Its $8 minimum, even if I only order like 1 or 2, 2 oz FOs... Shipping usually comes out to $20 for me there though.

I think the order size and distance does make a big diff w/r/t shipping (duh statement, sorry), I love the flat rate places b/c of that. I ordered one sampler, 2 16 oz bottles, and other bits and bobs (clearance plastic mold, 4 of the little whisks) and it was $17ish postage to LA, I think.

I ordered 2 sample packs and a few flavor oils, shipping was $13. I didn't think it was too bad.

Hmmm $19.49 to ship 20 ounces of products. I'm going to have to think about this one. I'm sure it's a real PiTA to do this sale and I'm betting that plays into handling costs.

Really? Then shipping to CA won't be much different. I may pass on this one, dealing with 20 one pound loaves didn't appeal to me but it was a tempting at that price.

Think I'll stick to ordering what sounds good to me, and if I don't like it, there's always someone around who will.

I think the order size and distance does make a big diff w/r/t shipping (duh statement, sorry), I love the flat rate places b/c of that. I ordered one sampler, 2 16 oz bottles, and other bits and bobs (clearance plastic mold, 4 of the little whisks) and it was $17ish postage to LA, I think.

Really? Then shipping to CA won't be much different. I may pass on this one, dealing with 20 one pound loaves didn't appeal to me but it was a tempting at that price.

Think I'll stick to ordering what sounds good to me, and if I don't like it, there's always someone around who will.

Lenarenee, B is in Los Angeles and her shipping was only $17 (see the quote). Maybe yours will be similar?

shipping

80 scent with 17.45 shipping but im close to SC so I guess that why ?

Do they do this every year? I've got one set of 20 in there and the shipping is nearly as much. It's not cost-effective for me to do this right now. However, if they do this every year, I'll know that I need to make sure I've got cash to spend the next time around.

I cancelled my order. I was only going to get 1 sampler set because 20 one pound batches seemed a bit much. But the shipping was nearly $16. I'm in Tennessee, which is about a a rock's throw from the company. I don't understand why the shipping from SC to TN would be so much. But, it's OK, because now I know they have this yearly sale and I'll be on the lookout for it. Next year I will have enough money to buy 2 sample packs of every FO they have! And some extra stuff, too.

Just got a shipping notification that the package is on the way, yay! And good for AHRE, usually w/sales with established suppliers that have huge no's of orders to ship out it takes much longer (not to beat a dead horse, but OT was a great example of how that should *not* be done.) B/t/w, according to the shipping notes, my package was 6 lbs. The $17.40 in shipping is not bad for that, I think.

Last edited:
80 scent with 17.45 shipping but im close to SC so I guess that why ?

That's odd. I ordered 60 scents, 3 lip flavor oils and the sweetener. My shipping was $18.63 - and I'm just one state away!
Maybe because I live in a rural area?? But I have no complaints as it was still a great deal :)
AND I got notice that the package is due to arrive tomorrow!!! WOW - I sure wasn't expecting it that fast!

Back