AHRE Sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cenz, as a unregenerate FoHo, this is really one of those times when it is worth it to splash out on testing samples b/c of the price, people wait for this sale every year. You can get all of your AHRE testing needs out of the way relatively inexpensively, they make good quality oils, and they are one of the suppliers that everyone uses, so lots of reviews of their FO's. I don't want to encourage any incipient FoHo'ness in you, though :)

Oh, it's probably a little to late to "discourage" any FoHo'ness in me. I admit to waiting for the email from WSP announcing that they have opened the doors to their retail store (named “Handmade Studio”) in Independence, Ohio just so I can drive 2 hours to personally smell the scents that they offer. :shock: I'll definitely order some of the scents I'm interested in and then decide which ones I want to order more of. Probably better that way so that I don't order 3-4 oz of each scent and then not like some of them. :oops:

Oh, it's probably a little to late to "discourage" any FoHo'ness in me. I admit to waiting for the email from WSP announcing that they have opened the doors to their retail store (named “Handmade Studio”) in Independence, Ohio just so I can drive 2 hours to personally smell the scents that they offer. :shock:

I would *totally* do that drive to check out the WSP FO's. It is a sign of our sickness that I think you are lucky to have the opportunity to do that :)

Oh, it's probably a little to late to "discourage" any FoHo'ness in me. I admit to waiting for the email from WSP announcing that they have opened the doors to their retail store (named “Handmade Studio”) in Independence, Ohio just so I can drive 2 hours to personally smell the scents that they offer. :shock: I'll definitely order some of the scents I'm interested in and then decide which ones I want to order more of. Probably better that way so that I don't order 3-4 oz of each scent and then not like some of them. :oops:

Did someone say "road trip"? I'll ride shotgun!

OH MAN!!! AHRE has an "ISSEY Miyake" scent! My all-time favorite cologne. Has anyone tried it? I mean I'm definitely going to order the 4 oz bottle; even though it's not going to be on sale. But, I'd like to know if it's close to the real thing.

(See Not_Ally, I have a serious sickness here ... lol)

Yeah I'm going to order 20 of the same scent so I get 19 randoms.. that sounds like a fun $20 to spend. :) Just hope the don't fill me with yuk. lol

I've been ogling those FO's for the past week - ever since I got the initial email about the sale...I've managed to narrow it down to 60!!

Lol I've got a cart full because I didn't understand how it worked. Now I've got to go back and find the pick your own sampler pack page.

I really have to try to limit myself to around 20 samples ... Vacation coming up and I just ordered my soap cutter to make sure I didn't overspend on other things (scents, colors and luxury oils) and blow my soaping budget before I ordered the cutter.

I was awake till 1 in the morning, looking at the fragrance descriptions, reviews and our fragrance review chart. Narrowed down to 50, but I really don't want to be sucked into the FO hole. I just need a couple each of autumn scents, snowy scents and holiday along with few each florals, fruity and the choc/coffee. I guess that would make about 20. I need your recommendations for soap scents if you don't mind. I don't like very strong or artificial or overly sweet scents. I thought I wouldn't like FOs but the ol'spice from OT changed my opinion, I have IL to thank/blame for that :).

K, of the scent families you have mentioned I only really buy the autumn/woodsy ones, I have AHRE's Fallen Leaves but haven't soaped it yet. OOB it is v. nice. Also well recommended on the SSRB w/r/t sticking, A/R, etc (I would join SSRB if you are going to start buying/testing FO/s) ...

K, of the scent families you have mentioned I only really buy the autumn/woodsy ones, I have AHRE's Fallen Leaves but haven't soaped it yet. OOB it is v. nice. Also well recommended on the SSRB w/r/t sticking, A/R, etc (I would join SSRB if you are going to start buying/testing FO/s) ...

Oh, I'm def going to check out the SSRB when I get home! I have a list of a few. I finally made an account on there. I've been stalking around. I'm going to put in some reviews in too! I've got to get Lili to add in Mikes fragrances. I've got about 10 of those to review.

Thanks for the heads up on autumn woods!

Do add the reviews, K (here and there), it is so helpful. There was one autumn leaf type FO that I tested and hated (it just smelled burned to me, although my mom liked it, the whole YMMV thing really does kick in w/scents), I will have to see if I can find notes on it.

Latest posts

Back