Ah, the joys! Soap on a stick anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
90165388-2A4B-4A80-AC7A-50693CE4355E.jpeg

Wasted my oils but even worse wasted one of my few BB fragrances all the way from the USA.
looked a lot like mashed potatoes as if I’d hot processed it. I used saved Moet champagne as the liquid. Guess I won’t do that again!

The other thing you can do when that happens is put a lid or cover tightly with saran on your soaping container and walk away. When the soap starts to gel it give it a quick stir and pour quickly. It will resemble a rustic hp soap but it will pour into your mold. You just cannot play around because it will cool fast and harden up.

Oh, so sorry! Did you boil off the alcohol first? That will make your soap seize. You could throw it in a crockpot and hot process it so at least you have usable soap.
I didn’t even think of that. I’d had it in the freezer for a couple of years (out of sight and all that), discovered it the other day and thought ‘soap’.

The other thing you can do when that happens is put a lid or cover tightly with saran on your soaping container and walk away. When the soap starts to gel it give it a quick stir and pour quickly. It will resemble a rustic hp soap but it will pour into your mold. You just cannot play around because it will cool fast and harden up.
Thank you - next time ;)

Latest posts

Back