After all that deliberation...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty_Boots

Reaction score
I made a bar of soap that cut and did not crumble! I probably cut a bit too soon.. But I prefer too soon over too late! And it's such a cute colour because of the honey I added to the lye water. Adding honey to lye water does crazy things! It turned bright orange and then dark brown (the same colour as the honey).

So I used my recipe:

OO: 60%
CO: 20%
Shea Butter: 10%
Cocoa Butter: 10%

Superfatted at 5%

Hardness: 37
Cleansing: 13
Conditioning: 60
Bubbly: 13
Creamy: 23
Iodine: 63
INS: 142

Immersion blenders are amazing.. I was able to reach trace in like 10 minutes.. I didn't want to overdo it my first time and make it a super duper thick trace or add too much craziness..

I'm hoping the bar is amazzzzzing once it cures! If not.. At least I have timing the cut down a bit better! I poked it this morning at 12 hours and it was a bit squishy. I'm going with the squish test from here on out (unless it's a bad idea?)

Anyway! I just wanted to share this success, perhaps minor.. It's a big one for me. Those two fail loaves had me feeling a little defeated! lol.

IMG_1278.jpg

Thank you! :) ..My other bars were not squishy at all when I unmolded them.. So perhaps they were too hard by that point.. Hence why I threw caution to the wind on this loaf! haha

Back