After all that deliberation...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Kitty_Boots

Reaction score
I made a bar of soap that cut and did not crumble! I probably cut a bit too soon.. But I prefer too soon over too late! And it's such a cute colour because of the honey I added to the lye water. Adding honey to lye water does crazy things! It turned bright orange and then dark brown (the same colour as the honey).

So I used my recipe:

OO: 60%
CO: 20%
Shea Butter: 10%
Cocoa Butter: 10%

Superfatted at 5%

Hardness: 37
Cleansing: 13
Conditioning: 60
Bubbly: 13
Creamy: 23
Iodine: 63
INS: 142

Immersion blenders are amazing.. I was able to reach trace in like 10 minutes.. I didn't want to overdo it my first time and make it a super duper thick trace or add too much craziness..

I'm hoping the bar is amazzzzzing once it cures! If not.. At least I have timing the cut down a bit better! I poked it this morning at 12 hours and it was a bit squishy. I'm going with the squish test from here on out (unless it's a bad idea?)

Anyway! I just wanted to share this success, perhaps minor.. It's a big one for me. Those two fail loaves had me feeling a little defeated! lol.

IMG_1278.jpg

Kitty_Boots

Reaction score
Thank you! :) ..My other bars were not squishy at all when I unmolded them.. So perhaps they were too hard by that point.. Hence why I threw caution to the wind on this loaf! haha

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like you cut them at the perfect time! Very nice bars. Love the texture on top. :) Glad it worked out. Oh, and the "squish" test sounds like a great way to check when to cut!

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It reminds me some something yummy. I'm probably just hungry though. Either way, nice soaps there.