African Black Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not to change the subject, but have you ordered before from the site that you posted the link to?

I've never used or bought or used it before?

but i hear it's good stuff, i'm intrested in learning more on it.

Dragon, you must be looking at the wrong picture, shea looks like yellow mushy stuff, black soap looks like a lump of coal.

Active ingredients in Black Soap:
Water, cocoa pod ashes, plantain skins ashes, and palm oil.

Here is a picture of African Black Soap from the Agbanga Karite site;

blacksoap2.jpg

I think it looks like a dropping from a elephant!:lol: :lol: I'm thinking about ordering some with the CO-OP.

Paul.... :wink:

Paul I found something that looks just like that out the paster field, Hope it smells better than what I found, Or even what it looks like.

Neil said:
Paul I found something that looks just like that out the paster field, Hope it smells better than what I found, Or even what it looks like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am going to order a pound. I've heard so much about it. I want to see for myself it is worth the high price. When I send off the order next week for the CO-OP, I'm ordering this, too.

Paul.... :wink:

Being West African born, I have used black soap my entire life, I even grate it and put it in my cp soap sometimes. Its the only soap my mom uses (old habits never die, lol) and what she does is she gets hot boiling water, about 8 oz, and pours it into a large container and takes a huge chunk of black soap and sits it inside, then covers it. 3 days later its a wonderful thick goo, kind of the consistency of taffy, and she just scoops a bit up and uses it in the shower. It seems to last much longer this way too, sometimes trying to cut the big bulk into bars produces a crumbly mess that gets wasted down the drain.

Soapmaker Man said:
Good ideas there Z, thanks much! :)

Paul :wink:

Oh you will love it. Or at least I hope you love it as much I do. It has such creamy lather and does not dry your skin at all. It was some of the best soap I've ever used.

Latest posts

Back