Advice Please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madison

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have not been making soap for almost a year due to the large amounts I already have. Some people know that I make soap so I was approached by somebody from the small branch of the art institute here in my city and I was asked if I am interested in having a workshop at their place making a batch of soap with people who are interested to learn. I agreed, I told them that I can give them an introduction about soapmaking then they can make with me a batch of soap within 3-hour time frame, I limited the number to 6 participants only. I got their printed newsletter advertising for my class as 6 hours class divided over 2 weekends, 3 hours each session. I can’t go back to them to fix it because it’s already advertised and published to the public. What suggestion you have for me to fill up the time with?

Thank you
Madi

One of the classes could be on coloring and swirling techniques along with additives and why they are used.

Teaching about labeling and advertising is good too. Many new soapers want to sell their cure all soap not knowing its illegal to advertise as a drug.

Of course, safety needs to be the first thing taught.

Make two different soaps. A basic soap the first time, and a scented two-color ITP Swirl for the second. You can cover all the basics of soap making the first time, then the second time have a general Q & A.

One of the classes could be on coloring and swirling techniques along with additives and why they are used.

Teaching about labeling and advertising is good too. Many new soapers want to sell their cure all soap not knowing its illegal to advertise as a drug.

Of course, safety needs to be the first thing taught.
I still believe that 3 hours is a lot of time to talk about the topic, good idea though. Thank you Obsidian!

Make two different soaps. A basic soap the first time, and a scented two-color ITP Swirl for the second. You can cover all the basics of soap making the first time, then the second time have a general Q & A.
I like that, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back