Advice on swirling MP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackznanakin

Reaction score
Having a hard time with swirling, it all just wants to bleed into the other, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Soap Queen on YouTube has some m&p videos. I’ve never had much success swirling m&p but SoapQueen has some good tips

Check Dean Wilson on uTube. He makes lots of MP, and his bars are gorgeous!

The secret to swirling MP is temperature. If you try to swirl with soap over 135, it will bleed over. Around 130 is ideal, but lots of alcohol between layers!

Check Dean Wilson on uTube. He makes lots of MP, and his bars are gorgeous!

The secret to swirling MP is temperature. If you try to swirl with soap over 135, it will bleed over. Around 130 is ideal, but lots of alcohol between layers!

Yes I agree Dean Wilson’s videos on swirling MP are the best

Best way to swirl is different temperatures, like the others mentioned above.

I don’t bother with thermometers and exact temperatures though. I simply pour one part of the MP into my mold, let it cool and even form a skin on top. And then melt the contrasting MP and drop it in from various heights. Quick swirl with a chip stick and done!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their help. I have been able to get the swirling down! Hooray!

Perhaps not so much what they are made off, but what type are they. If they are bleeding or not. Bleeding color will morph, and most likely ruin your design.

Which are bleeding colors? Most of them are water based, or water soluble: lakes, the colorants from the craft store, etc. Most non bleeding are your regular micas, glycerin base. Always read labels, and most likely they will tell you.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back