Advice on rebatch soap when turning it into whipped soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hinata

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago I "discovered" something that I am sure the whole world knows already. lol but I will share anyways.
So I had some old ugly HP bars that was lovely soap but hideous to look at ... like if I troll had a baby :eek:

So what I had done before since I am lazy, is that I roughly chop it into bits and submerge it into excess water overnight
because the next day I will put it in the blender and add it to my bath or make liquid handsoap for the bathroom.

However, my little discovery was that I decided to drain the excess water-- not religiously but put it through a fine mesh strainer and wiggled it for a moment.
Then I whipped it (no heat-- it was already dissolved mush that was supposed to be handsoap) and then I added a "glomp" of some whipped shea butter I happened to
have laying around.

I then put it into molds--- it was like a marshmellow-- so delicate. Had to freeze it just to get these delicate puffs gentlty out the molds. Then I put it to airdry for a day. When I tried it after 2 days it was very crumbly bc there was excess moisture in it

But after 2-3 weeks of drying there are amazing. Very whipped! and very light in weight despite the large appearing size.

Sooo.... if I was redo this again, instead of hydrating the old soap overnight in excess water, I will shred and then gentle heat it up to melt. I will add a frozen ice cube of aloe vera juice
as the water content to bring all the old scrape shreds of soap together. Then, what percentage of hard oils (or even soft oils) should I use before I whip it up? Any general rule like maybe
10% of the weight of the CP soap shreds should be the hard oils? The old soap I made works lovely but took forever to dry out and aesthetically unpleasing so I would like to do it
again with modifications to upgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nobody gave me a rough percentage of shea to add to my recipe? Do you think 10% would be good? I don't know how much % I added last time because I didn't measure!

I would try whipping it without any added oils, see what happens. I really wouldn't want a soap with a bunch of added oils, seems like it would be too greasy.

Back