Advice on glycerin and corn starch proportions for vitamin skin bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlion

Reaction score
Hi all,

New poster here and hopefully posting in the correct sub. I’m sorry if not.

I’m looking for advice with ingredient proportions to make a soft, pliable bar for direct application onto skin.

I saw a post on social media relating to this which listed ingredients but not proportions and rather than doom myself to wasting a lot of ingredients by trial and error, I thought someone here might be able to advise.

The only ingredients were:

citric acid powder, vegetable glycerin, corn starch (with the last two apparently being small amounts).

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

This ingredient list doesn't make sense, especially if you assume it's in decreasing order of weight. I would never use something on my skin that has citric acid as the main ingredient.

Also, if this is supposed to be a vitamin skin bar, I'd expect to see vitamins in the ingredients list. Wonder where they went to?

Honestly, I don't think figuring out proportions will be a useful effort -- these three ingredients alone would not make a nice product for use on skin.

edit: Can you give a link to where you learned about this product? It might be helpful to learn more by going direct to the source.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think is that these ingredients are to be added to an existing base of some kind, but without knowing what the base is, there's not much can be done with just those.
Plus, as DeeAnna says, there's the question of the vitamins 🤔

Latest posts

Back