Advice on getting rid of that "squeaky clean" feeling?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I am the minority but I HATE soft water. I never feel like I am getting clean and that slippery feeling is super unpleasant to me. Plus the water tastes soooo bad.

When we bought our home in 2009 it had a whole house water softening system. First thing we did was turn it off. I am not bothered by hard water stains and use clr for the dishwasher and washing machine once a month.

When we moved we had Culligan come in and set us up with a whole house filtration and a reverse osmosis taps for drinking/ice. I will never go back to the unfiltered days! Soap content: In the move I found the batch of soap that 1 bar lasted over 6 months in my shower!

Good news-your soaps last forever. Bad news....your soaps last forever! Lol, I don't sell nor have many friends who'll take soap off my hands, so I guess I'm sticking with hard water a while till I figure out a scheme that'll let me make soap as I please without dealing with storage fees. 🤣

Good news-your soaps last forever. Bad news....your soaps last forever! Lol, I don't sell nor have many friends who'll take soap off my hands, so I guess I'm sticking with hard water a while till I figure out a scheme that'll let me make soap as I please without dealing with storage fees. 🤣

Most of my soaps are for family, so I don't stress too much.

Back