Advice for my palm free/ shea butter free CP soap recipe <3

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osasoap

Reaction score
I have been looking to make a CP bar that is firm but moisturising and doesn't take an AGE to harden up. I have chosen not to use palm and have been trying to figure out an alternative hard oil/butter. I can't stand the smell of shea butter and so have opted to use coconut oil and deodorised cocoa butter. I have tried a few different versions but wanted to ask you guys for any advice before making a new batch. I also read that deodorised cocoa butter can react with some fragrance oils - is this myth or fact or just luck of the draw? Also any thoughts on the lye concentration? Do you think this recipe is looking good? Any advice or suggestions are warmly welcome! Thanks and have a fab day everyone!

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 16.38.41.png

Have you ever tried deodorized shea? Even the smelliest natural shea won't scent your soap. I just find shea a bit nicer in soap, mango is nice too.

I don't think deodorized cocoa should affect your scents at all. Raw cocoa butter can though.

How do you feel about soy wax? I've not used it but others do with really good results. It's used in place of palm to harden and make a long lasting bar.

I would drop the coconut to 20%, at 30% its likely to be drying unless you have oily skin.

I like 33% lye concentration. Its a good all around amount.

Back