Advice and recommendations…

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violets2217

Reaction score
I just got two Facebook messages for two different people asking questions that would take me hours to answer and I’m not even sure if I even know the answers to give them.
4C1F5551-6760-496F-BD32-27FDF0F5A693.jpeg6447BEFF-569F-4B75-8506-0D6BC6B55454.jpeg
my first instinct is to point the starter kit friend to Bramble Berry for the kit and YouTube.
But there is so much more!

I would think that most hypoallergenic soaps are fragrance free, and probably gentle, like the Castile suggested above.

for the second, I would send them to the brambleberry’s website for a kit of either method

I would think that most hypoallergenic soaps are fragrance free, and probably gentle, like the Castile suggested above.

for the second, I would send them to the brambleberry’s website for a kit of either method
I linked a Brambleberry kit for beginners. It looks pretty inclusive of what she would need.
And I found some unscented soaps of mine, a chamomile infused and oatmeal and coconut milk, for them to try out.
I just felt anxious answering either question and needed moral support! Thanks!

I just got two Facebook messages for two different people asking questions that would take me hours to answer and I’m not even sure if I even know the answers to give them.

my first instinct is to point the starter kit friend to Bramble Berry for the kit and YouTube.

I think you answered both question really well.

I started with the Beginners Cold Process Kit from Brambleberry so it is one that I recommend. It's a bit spendy, but you get a tried and true recipe, excellent step-by-step instructions and a mold.

Yes, a soap made without additives, colorants, scent and zero Super Fat is hypoallergenic in the majority of cases. Someone who say...has a reaction to coconut oil in a lotion, may not have the same reaction to coconut oil in soap because of the process of saponification. It's not a hundred percent...some folks are more sensitive than others so you would need to know what it is exactly that they have issues with.

I linked a Brambleberry kit for beginners. It looks pretty inclusive of what she would need.
And I found some unscented soaps of mine, a chamomile infused and oatmeal and coconut milk, for them to try out.
I just felt anxious answering either question and needed moral support! Thanks!
Nothing is non allergenic and hypoallergenic is a gray area. People vary on their allergies.

FYI chamomile is related to common ragweed. However, ragweed will send me into an itchy scratchy frenzy, whereas chaomomile doesn't bother me. Just something to keep in mind though.

I'd never sell anything as hypoallergenic but if this person is a friend and can give you a list of their allergies, I would try to formulate a unscented, uncolored bar.

As for the kit, do you know the person who its being gifted too? If its a teen or someone who isn't likely to be interested in learning all about CP, I would point them to mp kits.

When I gave my friend the two bars to try out, she explained that her fiancé has psoriasis. She said he had trouble with fragrances as irritants. I explained the two soaps were not fragranced and although the soap is not a cure, it may not be another irritant. To try it out and if not I can make something else to try. I was thinking of course @Zany_in_CO castile or maybe an 100% lard soap. But we will see!

As for the kit, do you know the person who its being gifted too? If its a teen or someone who isn't likely to be interested in learning all about CP, I would point them to mp kits.
It's for my ex sister in law, she is a beautician and also quite artistic. So this may actually be a serious interest for her. I did direct her to Royalty Soaps Beginner Soap making Series on YouTube as well and told her to make sure she gives me a call for advice or questions. But who know, its quite a task to take on. No one just beginning realizes until they are elbow deep!

Back