Additives in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusanP

Reaction score
Since I have spare time on my hands and can’t soap yet, I decided to do some price and product comparison shopping. What and eye opener that was! I expected pricing to be fairly similar, but it was not. The huge factor to figure in is shipping, which for me is large some most suppliers are on the other side of the country from me. There are companies offering free or low-cost shipping deals, so I will be watching for that.

As I am closest to Brambleberry, that is where I have done most of my shopping. Like all of you, I have amassed thousands of dollars worth of supplies. But also, since I have followed Soap Queen TV for years, and tried many recipes, I have a huge collection of extracts. As I did my shopping comparisons today, I noted that BB is the only vendor who carries the likes of Mallow Extract, or Buckthorn Extract, Carrot Extract, etc. And, I have quite a few different extracts from BB.

Does anyone else use them in your soap, butters, lotions or other skincare items? If so, do you feel that add anything significant to your end product? I am curious if I really even need them.

Mallow and sea buckthorn extracts would be better used in a hair product. Carrot extract would be good to use in a lotion. The benefits of extracts in cold process soap will probably be greatly reduced because of the saponification proces.

I’m another one who wouldn’t use it in soap. Other products yes. Too costly and not likely to bring anything to my soap other than label appeal and then maybe not so much.

I’m another one who wouldn’t use it in soap. Other products yes. Too costly and not likely to bring anything to my soap other than label appeal and then maybe not so much.
I don’t use it in soap either, as I use it for lotions, etc. But wondered if others used it and how.

Latest posts

Back