Additives for more lather? Or how can I increase this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo&Rey

Reaction score
Hi Guys, the one piece of feedback I have receivced from friends and family trying my sospa is the lack of lather. I am using shea butter M&P. Is there any additives for lather?

Melt and pour already has everything in it to make it lather.

How does a small slice of plain base (before melting or adding anything) lather? If that's ok, then it's something you're adding which is reducing the amount of lather. If you can't figure out what, post a detailed account of how you're making soap and I'm sure someone will be able to find the culprit.

If the base doesn't lather enough on its own, then all you can do is buy a better type next time.

Last edited:
Figure out your ratio for this, but Calcium Bentonite Clay increases lather like a madman. And its Bentonite clay, so it has a multitude of benefits for all skin types! Just...DO YOUR RESEARCH and maybe it will apply to your products. My issue with my MP soap bars is they were not as lathery as I had hoped. And after years, I finally tried this and I am pleasantly pleased. :)

Back