adding td to clear

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyndham Dennison

Reaction score
Because of several factors such as close to supplier, I'm limited to a clear and or goats milk white. If I choose clear, how much titanium dioxide per lb is a good white. I am planning some imbeds one a white base then fille3d with clear for visibility Is one or the other better for this project. Does goats milk , if no fragrance added have a discernible smell
Thanks

Hi,
I have purchased SFIC goat milk MP base in the past to make children's soap. I did not add fragrance and there was no scent, other than soap.

For me, the main difference between goat milk and the clear soap is that the goat milk seemed to get glycerin dew more easily. So I am guessing it has more humectant properties, which to me is a good thing.

Oh, I have never added TD to clear soap, so do not have any guidance there.

It can be tough to incorporate powdered TD into melt and pour. I use TKB's liquid concentrates- the white one is just TD dispersed in glycerin. A little goes a long way. Their site says "1 fl.oz. should color about 20 pounds of soap to a medium shade" but I definitely use less than that.

I just made a melt and pour project and needed white but only had clear. I mixed some TD with a teaspoon of melted coconut oil and added it it. Im not sure on the exact amounts, however the end result was lovely.

Back