Adding sorbitol to ZNSC?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I made a couple of bars of ZNSC on 12/26/22 and tried one out the other day. This really is a nice bar. My wife really really likes it. Keeps her hands / skin soft etc.

I was thinking of adding some sorbitol for help with bubbles / lather. Wondering if that would affect the quality of the bar. Has anyone tried it? And if so... did it make a difference? I was thinking on 1% PPO. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Steve

I was thinking of adding some sorbitol for help with bubbles / lather.
My advice: To add lather to ZNSC add 10% coconut oil and 5% castor oil to 85% Olive Oil. That's the variation I like and use daily. The same is true for any bar soap you make. 😁

I have no experience with adding sorbitol or sugar to soap. Your guess is as good as mine as to how it will perform.

Try a small batch of each to see which works better for you. ;)

My advice: To add lather to ZNSC add 10% coconut oil and 5% castor oil to 85% Olive Oil. That's the variation I like and use daily. The same is true for any bar soap you make. 😁

I have no experience with adding sorbitol or sugar to soap. Your guess is as good as mine as to how it will perform.

Try a small batch of each to see which works better for you. ;)
Do you still use 0% superfat when adding coconut oil? I want to try this weekend and I can test if sugar makes a difference 😊

Thanks @Zany_in_CO . I was actually going to ask what @Blufuz asked about the SF. Do you increase the SF to 1 - 2% or leave as is?

Also... I have the same faux sea water in the fridge since 12/26/22... do you think that would still be good to use or should I just toss it and make a new batch? Not sure how long that would keep. The cap is securely fastened.

Latest posts

Back