Adding Sodium Lactate to Melt and Pour Base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ishita Saxena

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone make transparent melt and pour base here? If yes have u tried adding sodium lactate to the base. Does it affect the clarity of the soap?

What would be the point in adding SL into MP. Just curious. I know you can only add 1 tsp per pound of extra additives or so without ruining it. I don't use a lot of MP mostly for embeds in my CP.

What would be the point in adding SL into MP. Just curious. I know you can only add 1 tsp per pound of extra additives or so without ruining it. I don't use a lot of MP mostly for embeds in my CP.
I am talking about adding it the melt and pour base...actually M&P loses lather once you add additive oils to it. So looking for a solution to that

I am talking about adding it the melt and pour base...actually M&P loses lather once you add additive oils to it. So looking for a solution to that
If you stick with one tablespoon or less pp of MP you should be fine and not lose lather. That is a cumulative total pp don’t add 3 butters at a tablespoon each.

Latest posts

Back