Adding Shea Butter to recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
Okay so I have never used Shea butter before but I decided to order some when I was ordering some FO's today.

This is my usual recipe that I use and I have thought about swapping out some of the tallow for Shea. maybe 10%. Just looking for some feedback from those who regularly use Shea butter.

Tallow 60%
RBO 25%
CO 10%
Castor 5%

Yes, that recipe would make a nice bar even if replacing 10% tallow with shea. If you also increase the CO for more lather like shunt alluded to, I'd take that from the tallow too, or from the RBO.

Yes, that recipe would make a nice bar even if replacing 10% tallow with shea. If you also increase the CO for more lather like shunt alluded to, I'd take that from the tallow too, or from the RBO.

I am happy to sacrifice a little lather to keep the CO at 10%. Anything higher and my skin gets really dry and itchy.

Maybe I will make one batch I'll take the 10% from the tallow and the other with it from the RBO and see which one I like better

Latest posts

Back