Adding sea salt to melt and pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avbarron

Reaction score
before I waste any more base soap, is there a good way to add Himalayan sea salt to melt and pour? I tried with goat's milk and honey base. it clumps or makes the base stiffen up.

What do the instructions on your specific base say about the quantities of additives that can be used? It is usually pretty minimal, and not enough to make a true salt soap. Plus, Himalayan sea salt can be very, very scratchy, to the point of lacerating the skin. If you want to add it in rock form as decoration on the top, you probably need to include a warning about that.

What do the instructions on your specific base say about the quantities of additives that can be used? It is usually pretty minimal, and not enough to make a true salt soap. Plus, Himalayan sea salt can be very, very scratchy, to the point of lacerating the skin. If you want to add it in rock form as decoration on the top, you probably need to include a warning about that.
Ok, that sounds reseaonable. I used the fine sea salt. I was trying to intergrate it into the whole bar. It sorta worrked with the goat's milk, but not so much with the honey base. I saw a youtube video where a lady layered it in. but that hasn't worked for me so far.

Back