Adding Salt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaccart789

Reaction score
Hi all...

I was thinking about adding a small amount of salt to some CP soap I am about to make. Would a small amount of salt 2tsp in a 32 ounce batch hinder bubbles? I have sodium lactate as well. Could I use both or do one or the other? OR Could I add sugar to counteract the salt?

Let me know your thoughts.

A small amount of salt will not hinder the lather. I've read posts of people making a brine soap with 20% salt and only 30% coconut oil with a decent lather. I automatically add 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar to each 36 oz batch just to up my bubbles and hardness

Thank you Hmlove!

I ended up doing half that amount because I wasn't sure what to do, so I guessed (think I read it somewhere) it was before I saw your post. I am going to try it the way you said next time. For those wanting to know more about this...Another thing is to not dump the sugar straight into the lye. It solidified and I spent lots of time trying to get it dissolve with my whisk.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back