Adding powdered milk question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
I’m thinking of using powdered coconut milk. If liquid it would replace water, so I assume that as powder form it would not. Yet, how to establish how much to add? Can you help me here?

You could compare the amount of water recommended to hydrate the milk to the amount of water in your recipe.
Usually, I just put in about one tablespoon PPO. I mix it with the oils before adding the lye solution & use my stick blender to mix it to make sure there's no clumps.
Hope this helps!

I use liquid Coconut milk and add powdered to make it full milk. I just mix the powdered into enough liquid to dissolve it. I tried adding it right to my oils but still had clumps even with heavy blending. I mix my lye with water.

I use 1 TBS coconut cream powder ppo. I mix it into liquid aloe that I use as a water replacement (the extra water I need for masterbatched lye water 50:50). I SB blend the aloe with coconut into the oils before I add the lye water. I find that it’s good to mix the coconut cream into the liquid aloe about 30 minutes in advance and sometimes I warm it just a bit to ensure that the powder is fully dissolved.

Back