Adding petals and glitters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romea

Reaction score
Hi, I want to add petals and glitters to my candles, but I'm afraid that they can burn. I've seen them in a lot of candles but I'm not sure about adding them to mine. Can I add dry petals? Could they get burn and cause a disaster? I also have a lot of glitters and love how they shine, some are like dust and some are pretty bigger, but I'm afraid they could burn or spread bad plastic smell. Do you have experience with this? Is it safe to add that kind of elements?

Hi, I want to add petals and glitters to my candles, but I'm afraid that they can burn. I've seen them in a lot of candles but I'm not sure about adding them to mine. Can I add dry petals? Could they get burn and cause a disaster? I also have a lot of glitters and love how they shine, some are like dust and some are pretty bigger, but I'm afraid they could burn or spread bad plastic smell. Do you have experience with this? Is it safe to add that kind of elements?

It's never really safe to add flamable products into a candle, unless you are going to embed them into a hurricane shell.
Just because it's done, and people do it, doesn't mean it's safe to do.

Some glitters are okay, however, if they are fine enough they can clog the wick, and if they are too big they can be flammable and be a hazard.

I echo everything above - gitter looks great but it can clog the wick really badly. If you do use it dont use craft glitter, use biodegradable cosmetic glitter which isnt made from plastics.

For botanicals (petals etc) they are dried and as such are likely to catch as the candle burns - looks pretty but in reality not a great idea.

Thank you so much for your answers, they are really useful. Where can I buy biodegrable glitter? Never heard about that kind of glitter.

Thank you so much for the link! That site looks great, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back