Adding Fresh Fruit Juice to CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmoman

Reaction score
Is there any benefit of adding fruit juices to CP soap ?

This seems like a marketing gimmick only,.

Be careful of adding acid juices such as lemon juice. I have tried mango puree, but it didn't do much and the color faded. I do like adding fresh pureed cucumber to soap for a facial bar. Avocado seems to be popular also.

Most of them turn brown or some sort of muddy color. They don't impart scent. I suppose the sugars in the juice would boost your lather. But there are easier ways to do that than using fruit juice, IMO.

I do use avocado which, while technically a fruit, is mostly fat.

I have used POM juice. Frozen into ice cubes, then added lye, so not to burn. The POM did not impart any scent, and turned brown. Probably wouldn't waste the ingredient again for soap.
On the other hand, I use carrot juice with great success. Same process (ice cubes), no scent, but a lovely orange color. I use it for my complexion bar, and love it.

thanks - do you need to add preservative to your soap when you use carrot juice ?

thanks - do you need to add preservative to your soap when you use carrot juice ?
No, and as far as I know most preservatives will not work well in the higher ph of soap. I use cucumber, carrot, pumpkin, fresh watermelon, fresh persimmon and adore avocado in my soaps. During the summer months it is cheaper for me to use the fresh juices than distilled water. I have a lot of market Farmer market friends that give me over ripe fruit.

Latest posts

Back