Adding FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how much FO do you add to one pound of M&P?
I read that approximately 0.5 oz. pp should be the max. Watching YouTube I see that some will add one ounce per pound.
How much do you add?
What about essential oils; for example, orange EO or lavender EO?
TIA

I use Majestic Mountain Sage's Fragrance Calculator for a variety of products. I don't do M&P but it's on the list of products. For FOs, if you don't see the one you're using on the drop-down menu, look for something similar. Here's a link:

https://www.thesage.com/calcs/FragCalc.html

Use rates will differ from one EO to another and it's a good idea to become familiar with EOs before using them in your products. Here's a link to a Quick Reference Guide you can download:
http://www.frannsalthealth.com/blog/essential-oils-safety-quick-reference/

HTH
Wave.gif

Thank you, Zany_in_CO, I forgot about the Sage!
Cmzaha, I usually make HP and CP (in that order), but when I play with M&P I use the bases I buy from BB and use their fragrance calculator.
I asked because some nights ago I was watching M&P videos on YouTube and there is one lady who claims she uses 1oz. pp of M&P. Just wondering if that's a bit too much! Guess I could try and see for myself, huh? ;)

Thank you, Zany_in_CO, I forgot about the Sage!
Cmzaha, I usually make HP and CP (in that order), but when I play with M&P I use the bases I buy from BB and use their fragrance calculator.
I asked because some nights ago I was watching M&P videos on YouTube and there is one lady who claims she uses 1oz. pp of M&P. Just wondering if that's a bit too much! Guess I could try and see for myself, huh? ;)
That might be a little high. I called my daughter whom was the one that did our m&p soaps and she told be most bases were around 4% although she used an ultra clear at time that would only take a 2% load and it held well

I was making some MP last night and put .80 oz Apple FO in a 1# batch. It was SOOOO STRONG that I added 2 more pounds to lighten up the scent !
Now it is a light Apple scent and I feel much better about that.

edit to add that I don't normally do MP so I might be wrong

Latest posts

Back